Yr Arglwyddes Dduw

Cyfle i bawb drafod pob ffydd a Chrefydd dan haul yn gwbwl agored.

Cymedrolwr: Rhys Llwyd

Rheolau’r seiat
Cyfle i bawb drafod pob ffydd a Chrefydd dan haul yn gwbwl agored. Pwyswch yma i weld canllawiau mwy manwl. Cofiwch, dim ymosodiadau personol. Pwyswch yma i ddarllen canllawiau cyffredinol maes-e.

Yr Arglwyddes Dduw

Postiogan Macsen » Gwe 31 Hyd 2003 10:57 pm

http://www.llano.net/baptist/nivfembible.htm

Mae Beibl newydd yn cael ei ysgrifennu lle mae Duw yn cael ei gyfeirio ato fel dynes nid dyn. Allai ddim gwyno am y peth, ond mae o bach yn gor-PC.

Ac doniol iawn. :lol:
Rhywun yn ymosod ar y Gymraeg? - Rhannwch Why Welsh.com!
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Macsen
Defnyddiwr Platinwm
Defnyddiwr Platinwm

Negeseuon: 6193
Ymunwyd: Maw 12 Awst 2003 8:01 pm
Lleoliad: Penrhiwllan/Waunfawr

Postiogan Dylan » Sad 01 Tach 2003 8:33 pm

Wrth benodi cenedl i Dduw 'rydych yn rhoi priodweddau dynol iddo fo. Oni fyddai'n well dweud ei fod yn 'wrywaidd' ac yn 'fenywaidd'?
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Dylan
Defnyddiwr Aur
Defnyddiwr Aur

Negeseuon: 3282
Ymunwyd: Maw 12 Awst 2003 7:59 pm
Lleoliad: Lleoliad: Lleoliad: Lleoliad: Lleoliad: Caernarfon

Postiogan Marwolaeth » Llun 01 Rhag 2003 12:40 am

Dyma erthygl o Newsweek:

Newsweek a ddywedodd:The Bible’s Lost Stories

Fueling faith and igniting debate, a new generation of scholars is altering our beliefs about the role of women in the scriptures

By Barbara Kantrowitz and Anne Underwood
NEWSWEEK

Dec. 8 issue — The year’s surprise “it” girl is the star of a mega best seller, a hot topic on campuses and rumored to be the “special friend” of a famous and powerful man. Yet she’s still very much a woman of mystery. For close to 2,000 years, Christians have known her as Mary Magdalene, but she was probably named Miriam, and came from the fishing village of Magdala. Most people today grew up believing she was a harlot saved by Jesus. But the Bible never says that. Scholars working with ancient texts now believe she was one of Christ’s most devoted followers, perhaps even his trusted confidante and financial backer.

THIS REVISIONIST VIEW helped inspire the plot of “The Da Vinci Code,” which has been on The New York Times best-seller list for 36 weeks, with 4.3 million copies in print. Author Dan Brown draws on some credible discoveries about the first followers of Jesus as well as some rather fantastical theories about Mary Magdalene to suggest that she was far more than the first to witness the risen Jesus (her most important role, according to the New Testament). The blockbuster novel has enraged many theologians who consider it anti-Catholic, but it has also added new force to an already dynamic debate among women who see Magdalene’s story as a parable for their own struggles to find a place in the modern church. None of this would be possible without a new generation of women Biblical scholars who have brought a very modern passion to the ancient tradition of scriptural reinterpretation—to correct what these scholars regard as a male misreading of key texts. It has not been easy work. Despite the undeniably central role of Mary, the mother of Jesus, the Biblical focus has largely been on what God has accomplished through the agency of men—from Adam to the Apostles. Of some 3,000 characters named in the Bible, fewer than 10 percent are women. Female scholars are trying to redress the imbalance by unearthing narratives that have been overlooked for centuries and reinterpreting more-familiar stories, including Mary Magdalene’s and even the story of Eve (where, one could argue, the problems really began). And they are rigorously studying the Biblical period to glean what they can about the role of women in ancient times.

Across the country, fresh research is inspiring women of all faiths. Evangelical Protestant women hold their own Bible-study groups where the distaff version of history is a major draw. Jewish worshipers now add to the litany of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob the names of their wives: Sarah, Rebekah and Rachel. In addition to Moses at Passover, some celebrate his sister, Miriam, who defied a powerful and tyrannical ruler to rescue her baby brother from a death decree and became a prophet and leader in her own right. For Roman Catholics in particular, Mary Magdalene has emerged as a role model for women who want a greater church presence after the wave of sexual-abuse scandals. “I want my daughter to feel that she is as equally valued as her brother in terms of her faith,” says Dr. Jo Kelly, 38, of Sinking Spring, Pa. Not long ago, Kelly’s daughter, Mary Shea, 7, told her mother she wanted to be a priest. Kelly, a pediatrician who belongs to a religious-discussion group, didn’t discourage her. “Keep believing that,” she replied, “and maybe we can change people’s minds.”

Mary Magdalene inspires, these women say, because she was not a weakling—the weeping Magdalene whose name begat the English word “maudlin” —but a person of strength and character. In an era when women were commonly identified in relation to a husband, father or brother, she was identified instead by her town of origin. Scholars believe she was one of a number of women who provided monetary support for Jesus’ ministry. And when the male disciples fled, she steadfastly witnessed Jesus’ crucifixion, burial and resurrection, providing the thread of continuity in the central story of Christian history—an extraordinary role in an age when women generally provided legal testimony only in the absence of male witnesses. Tradition, however, has consigned Mary to a lesser role. “Instead, we’ve been given the image of Mary as a forgiven sinner,” says Sister Christine Schenk, cofounder of FutureChurch, an organization calling for women’s equality in the Roman Catholic Church. “Well, Peter was a forgiven sinner, too, but that’s not what we remember him for.” Schenk helped institute nationwide observances of Mary Magdalene’s feast day, July 22.

To honor their heroine, Catholic women like Kathy Kidder and her friends in Gainesville, Fla., are forming reading groups to discuss the dozens of new scholarly and literary books about her and debating her role on religious Web sites like Magdalene.org and Beliefnet.com. The new insights they gain can shatter old beliefs, but often also help them deepen their faith. College student Frances Garcia, 26, of Orlando, Fla., was raised Catholic, but now attends a Baptist church. “The Da Vinci Code” raised troubling questions for her about how women’s contributions to early Christianity were suppressed by church leaders. “My faith was really shaken,” she says. “I started doing a lot of research on my own.” Learning more made her feel “closer to God,” she says.

Dyma'r dudalen we:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/999077.asp?0cv=KA01
Fin nos, fan hyn
Lladdwyd Llywelyn.
Fyth nid anghofiaf hyn.
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Marwolaeth
Defnyddiwr
Defnyddiwr

Negeseuon: 52
Ymunwyd: Sad 22 Tach 2003 1:04 am
Lleoliad: Ymhobman

Postiogan Cardi Bach » Llun 01 Rhag 2003 1:02 pm

sdim problem o gwbwl gyda fi'n bersonol a hyn. Os yw'n golygu fod Cristnogaeth yn dod yn fwy 'accessible' yna gwych o beth. Ond fi'n cytuno a phwynt Dylan hefyd.

Duw yw Duw. Does dim rhywiogaeth yn prthyn i'r Bod Mawr. Ffordd ddynol o roi gwedd ddealladwy ar Duw oedd gosod rhywiogaeth ar Dduw.
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Cardi Bach
Gweinyddwr
Gweinyddwr

Negeseuon: 2694
Ymunwyd: Maw 22 Hyd 2002 7:54 am
Lleoliad: Gal

Postiogan Rhys Llwyd » Iau 01 Ion 2004 12:28 am

nid yw duw yn ddyn nac yn ferch, bo(to bach)d duwiol ydyw, felly rhagfarn neu toss of the coin (ond dy ni gristnogion ddim yn credu mewn lwc wrth gwrs :winc: ) pan ysgrifennwyd y beibl cyntaf oedd ei nodi fel dyn. i ddweud y gwir mella sa'n well cyfeirio at dduw fel "it" ai dyna'r terfyniad ddi-ryw?!
Delwedd
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Rhys Llwyd
Cymedrolwr
Cymedrolwr

Negeseuon: 4935
Ymunwyd: Mer 11 Rhag 2002 5:07 pm
Lleoliad: Aberystwyth

Postiogan Macsen » Iau 01 Ion 2004 3:34 pm

Rhys Llwyd a ddywedodd:felly rhagfarn neu toss of the coin

Dwi'n reit siwr mae rhagfarn ydoedd. Duw yn ddynes, wir? Fysai cristnogaeth erioed wedi cyffwrdd Cymru.
Rhywun yn ymosod ar y Gymraeg? - Rhannwch Why Welsh.com!
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Macsen
Defnyddiwr Platinwm
Defnyddiwr Platinwm

Negeseuon: 6193
Ymunwyd: Maw 12 Awst 2003 8:01 pm
Lleoliad: Penrhiwllan/Waunfawr

Dychwelyd i Ffydd a Chrefydd

Pwy sydd ar-lein

Defnyddwyr sy’n pori’r seiat hon: Dim defnyddwyr cofrestredig a 6 gwestai