Erthygl da am yr Oympics yn Beijing a Llundain

Newyddion o'r byd mawr drwg

Cymedrolwr: Chwadan

Rheolau’r seiat
Newyddion o'r byd mawr drwg. Cofiwch, dim ymosodiadau personol. Pwyswch yma i ddarllen canllawiau cyffredinol maes-e.

Erthygl da am yr Oympics yn Beijing a Llundain

Postiogan Macsen » Sad 12 Ebr 2008 11:51 am

Hwn yw'r erthygl gorau ydw i wedi ei ddarllen ar y pwnc hyd yma, sy'n gwneud rhai pwyntiau da werth eu hystyried.

There is much talk of the Olympic spirit. Obviously, one wants the poor athletes to be able to take part in the contests to which they have devoted their lives. But should one really subscribe to the ideology of the Olympic movement, with its late-19th-century idea of a brotherhood of man forged out of the cultivation of physical strength? This is meat and drink to fascist and communist regimes, with their cult of youth, their hatred of the past and their love of huge public displays. They see sport as their weapon of propaganda. For them, the Olympics are a gift.

We have spent much time in recent years complaining about America's abuse of power. Sometimes the criticism is justified, but we have hardly begun to consider the alternative, and how appalling it would be.

Whenever we attack America, we do so in the knowledge that it has a visible system of self-correction that might listen to us. It has a constitutional structure which is built to accommodate differing views. China has nothing of the sort, and never has had.

But is it definitely too late to stop the Games coming here in 2012? Competitive national pride probably made most people pleased at the time that London had beaten Paris to get the Games. It does not feel so happy now. It is clear that a vastly expensive plan for something which will last for three and a half weeks will not truly regenerate the Lower Lee Valley, let alone the rest of the country. The Games are sucking up all discretionary public money. The Olympics are an adventure playground for the self-aggrandisement of politicians and officials.
Rhywun yn ymosod ar y Gymraeg? - Rhannwch Why Welsh.com!
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Macsen
Defnyddiwr Platinwm
Defnyddiwr Platinwm

Negeseuon: 6193
Ymunwyd: Maw 12 Awst 2003 8:01 pm
Lleoliad: Penrhiwllan/Waunfawr

Re: Erthygl da am yr Oympics yn Beijing a Llundain

Postiogan Prysor » Mer 16 Ebr 2008 3:34 pm

Treiddgar iawn.
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Prysor
Defnyddiwr Aur
Defnyddiwr Aur

Negeseuon: 3181
Ymunwyd: Llun 19 Awst 2002 5:37 pm

Re: Erthygl da am yr Oympics yn Beijing a Llundain

Postiogan splosh » Sul 20 Ebr 2008 7:59 pm

Sylwch ar tuedd Tseina - lladd protestwyr Tibetaidd, dweud wrth protestwyr gwrth - Orllewinol i fod yn heddychlon!
"Killing one person is murder. Killing a thousand is foreign policy."
splosh
Defnyddiwr
Defnyddiwr

Negeseuon: 16
Ymunwyd: Iau 14 Meh 2007 6:51 pm

Dychwelyd i Materion y Byd

Pwy sydd ar-lein

Defnyddwyr sy’n pori’r seiat hon: Dim defnyddwyr cofrestredig a 3 gwestai