Sefyllfa Merched yn Irac

Newyddion o'r byd mawr drwg

Cymedrolwr: Chwadan

Rheolau’r seiat
Newyddion o'r byd mawr drwg. Cofiwch, dim ymosodiadau personol. Pwyswch yma i ddarllen canllawiau cyffredinol maes-e.

Sefyllfa Merched yn Irac

Postiogan Owain Llwyd » Maw 20 Ion 2004 12:53 pm

Wel, barn un ddynes yn Irac, sef awdur y blog difyr iawn yma, ynghylch sefyllfa merched yn y wlad.

Dyma ei hymateb i'r enghraifft ddiweddaraf o bryder gwaredwyr Irac am hawliau merched yn y byd Moslemaidd:

On Wednesday our darling Iraqi Puppet Council decided that secular Iraqi family law would no longer be secular- it is now going to be according to Islamic Shari'a.

This latest decision is going to be catastrophic for females- we're going backwards.

Women are outraged… this is going to open new doors for repression in the most advanced country on women's rights in the Arab world!

Please don't misunderstand- any oppression to women isn't a reflection on Islam. It's a reflection on certain narrow minds, ignorance and the politicization of religion. Islam is a progressive religion and no religion is clearer on the rights of women- it came during a time when women had no rights at all.

During the sanctions and all the instability, we used to hear fantastic stories about certain Arab countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar, to name a few. We heard about their luxurious lifestyles- the high monthly wages, the elegant cars, sprawling homes and malls… and while I always wanted to visit, I never once remember yearning to live there or even feeling envy. When I analyzed my feelings, it always led back to the fact that I cherished the rights I had as an Iraqi Muslim woman. During the hard times, it was always a comfort that I could drive, learn, work for equal pay, dress the way I wanted and practice Islam according to my values and beliefs, without worrying whether I was too devout or not devout enough.

I usually ignore the emails I receive telling me to 'embrace' my new-found freedom and be happy that the circumstances of all Iraqi women are going to 'improve drastically' from what we had before. They quote Bush (which in itself speaks volumes) saying things about how repressed the Iraqi women were and how, now, they are going to be able to live free lives.

The people who write those emails often lob Iraq together with Saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan and I shake my head at their ignorance but think to myself, "Well, they really need to believe their country has the best of intentions- I won't burst their bubble." But I'm telling everyone now- if I get any more emails about how free and liberated the Iraqi women are *now* thanks to America, they can expect a very nasty answer.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the Horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills, into Shadow.
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Owain Llwyd
Defnyddiwr Efydd
Defnyddiwr Efydd

Negeseuon: 335
Ymunwyd: Gwe 09 Mai 2003 9:50 am
Lleoliad: Llanrug

Postiogan Dan Dean » Maw 20 Ion 2004 1:38 pm

Rhain hefyd:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0924-03.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0523-03.htm

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/Iraq_Aftermath/2003/10/article_10.shtml

Indeed, Noeleen Heyzer, executive director of the United Nations Development Fund for Women, commented on September 23 that in many ways Iraqi women are worse off now than they were under Saddam. Under Saddam, Iraq was a secular society in which women enjoyed many of the same rights as men. Now, however, due to the rising extremism in Iraq which has developed out of the power vacuum created after Saddam’s fall, women feel they are being forced into playing traditional gender roles that they have no prior experience with. Heyzer stated, “There was a lot of hope that the lives [of women] would improve... but we have a situation where a lot of extremists have come into the country and women do not want to live under such extremism.
Tegid easy, I may owe you 150 Euros, Bedwyr Hefin fun, and as the Welsh say, "mae bob dim yn Llifon esmwyth"

PWSI! PWSI! PWSI!
Fy ngofod
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Dan Dean
Defnyddiwr Aur
Defnyddiwr Aur

Negeseuon: 1399
Ymunwyd: Llun 12 Ion 2004 2:13 pm
Lleoliad: Sarn Siro, Pane Kleen

Postiogan Owain Llwyd » Mer 21 Ion 2004 10:26 am

Wedyn, cymhara'r uchod efo'r hyn oedd gan yr Arlywydd Bush i'w ddweud yn yr Anerchiad ynghylch Cyflwr yr Undeb neithiwr:

George W Bush a ddywedodd:Our aim is a democratic peace, a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman.

Gwela i. Ymrwymiad i urddas a hawliau pob dynes drwy orfodi cyfraith Shari'a ar ferched yn Irac yn lle'r drefn seciwlar. Gwych iawn.

Ella gallsai RET neu Boris neu bwy bynnag gynnig ychydig o eiriau i adfer fy ffydd yn unplygrwydd moesol y Weinyddiaeth Americanaidd.
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the Horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills, into Shadow.
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Owain Llwyd
Defnyddiwr Efydd
Defnyddiwr Efydd

Negeseuon: 335
Ymunwyd: Gwe 09 Mai 2003 9:50 am
Lleoliad: Llanrug

Postiogan Sioni Size » Mer 21 Ion 2004 2:02 pm

Ond...ond....ond.....mae Saddam Hussein wedi cael ei ddal!
Does na jysd ddim plesio ar rai pobl.
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Sioni Size
Defnyddiwr Aur
Defnyddiwr Aur

Negeseuon: 2302
Ymunwyd: Maw 06 Mai 2003 11:43 pm
Lleoliad: Pen Llyn

Dychwelyd i Materion y Byd

Pwy sydd ar-lein

Defnyddwyr sy’n pori’r seiat hon: Dim defnyddwyr cofrestredig a 18 gwestai