E.P Newydd Jen Jeniro - 'Swimming Limbs'

Trafod y sîn, adolygiadau gigs, CDs newydd ac ati

Cymedrolwyr: Mihangel Macintosh, Rhys Llwyd

Rheolau’r seiat
Trafod y sîn, adolygiadau gigs, CDs newydd ayb. Mae seiat arbennig ar gyfer hysbysebu gigs. Pwyswch yma i ddarllen canllawiau cyffredinol maes-e.

E.P Newydd Jen Jeniro - 'Swimming Limbs'

Postiogan Llyrjj » Gwe 01 Gor 2011 9:27 pm

E.P 5 can yn cael ryddhau ar label newydd 'I KA CHING' ar gael i lawrlwytho ar yr 11fed o Orffenaf (iTunes, Amazon, Spotify... etc)

Erbyn Gwyl Gardd Goll bydd posib archebu yr E.P ar vinyl 10" neu mae posib rhag-archebu nawr o Sadwrn.com (dos dim on 200 ar gael :ofn: )

Ma posib clwad sample o bob can yma... http://soundcloud.com/jenjeniro

Rifiw cynta yn y Daily Post...

"LLANRWST’S Jen Jeniro sound beautiful. Fact.

Though there is little here you could term progressive, they are a band steeped in the tradition of psychedelic pop.
Swimming Limbs is awash with lush production and makes distinct strides forward from their 2010 single Dolffin Pinc a Melyn.
It would be a disservice to bring up a comparison to the Coral but the resemblance is, at times, uncanny. There is far too much going on to merely lump them upon the pile derivative.

The EP has a excellent habit of developing bright pop before collapsing into a wonderful head rush of rolling fields and balmy days.
The swell the last minute of Powys slips into is almost chemical. It detracts wonderfully from other moments that only serve to remind you of how good the Coral were at the start of their career.

Straightforwardly structured pop music is always a tricky thing to pull off. A dash of complacency or a lack of self awareness and all of a sudden you’re Tom Petty.

It is difficult to put your finger on what changes something potentially dull into really engaging and emotive music. For the most part, Jen Jeniro pull it off. There is enough in Swimming Limbs to see this is a band worth more than an ounce of your time.
"

Gigs ar y gweill - Gwyl Gardd Goll (23/7/11)

Gwyl Rheola (31/7/11)

Cymdeithas (3/8/11)

Maes b (4/8/11)

Gig Gwydir Trefriw (12/8/11)

Gig Gwydir Porthmadog (13/8/11)

mwy o wybodaeth ar y ffor... shwrofodshwrofodshwrofod
Golygwyd diwethaf gan Llyrjj ar Sul 10 Gor 2011 12:37 pm, golygwyd 1 waith i gyd.
Llyrjj
Defnyddiwr
Defnyddiwr

Negeseuon: 25
Ymunwyd: Iau 17 Gor 2008 3:17 pm

Re: E.P Newydd Jen Jeniro - 'Swimming Limbs'

Postiogan Llyrjj » Sul 10 Gor 2011 12:34 pm

Delwedd
Llyrjj
Defnyddiwr
Defnyddiwr

Postiogan Ramirez » Llun 11 Gor 2011 9:05 am

Fflyffi
They say one of the few times a man pays full attention is when he’s talking about himself. Another is when blood is coming out of his penis.
Rhithffurf defnyddiwr
Ramirez
Cymedrolwr
Cymedrolwr

Negeseuon: 4642
Ymunwyd: Sul 24 Tach 2002 5:52 pm
Lleoliad: Penlan dy Fam

Postiogan Llyrjj » Llun 11 Gor 2011 12:25 pm

Ar gael i lawrlwytho yn fama - http://ikaching.bandcamp.com/ HEDDIW
Llyrjj
Defnyddiwr
Defnyddiwr

Postiogan Llyrjj » Mer 27 Gor 2011 3:56 pm

so mar E.P ar gael ar record 10" wan, fydd posib cal o yn gigs jen jeniro ac a faes y steddfod ac yn fama - http://www.sadwrn.com/

dyma rifiw arall yn y selar - http://www.y-selar.com/

ag un arall yn y mmp -

''The Swimming Limbs EP is what I always imagined Welsh pop music to be like growing up in far-off Hampshire; 60’s/70’s style sepia jangle, sunny enough to push the rain back into the sky and with harmonies to die for. This is lush psych-folk, alternately arboreal and sun-baked, tumbling through modulations and rolling around melodies that will bronze your skin, even in a back room in Grangetown on the greyest ‘summer’ day. Swimming Limbs is a soulful heat lamp for your ears; each track from the tricksy opener Ebeneezer to the English-language Take Your Time is beautifully crafted and though hooks don’t abound, enough repeated listening will even find poor, daft Saesnegs such as myself humming along. Ace.''
Llyrjj
Defnyddiwr
Defnyddiwr

Postiogan Llyrjj » Maw 09 Awst 2011 12:03 pm

SHWROFOD... wales online...

THE first luxuriant jangle of the opening track of Jen Jeniro’s Swimming Limbs EP gives you a portent of what delights lie in store.

The track in question Ebeneezer shimmers with the melanin-infused haze of a late summer’s afternoon.

This is the sound of lazy day psychedelia and eyes wide shut pastoral folk where the pace is slower than a slumbering snail.

It’s fitting that the Llanrwst outfit’s EP, the first release on the newly formed I Ka Ching Records, is produced by former Gorky’s Zygotic Mynic John Lawrence, as at times Jen Jeniro’s baroque flourishes ape GZM’s late-60s whimsy.

The whole iridescent confection across the EP’s five tracks recalls the finer points of West Coast psych, chiefly The Byrds’ elegant chiming and The Mamas and The Papas’ sunlit harmonising, driving a sound that also has the fuzzy persuasion of Spiritualised’s spaced-out somnambulance.

So bathe in their summery swathes, take your foot off the gas and relax.

Frankly, taking it easy has never sounded so good.

fydda nin cal riw fath o 'launch' wicend 'ma. nos wener yn Fairy Falls Trefriw a nos sadwrn yn clwb chwaraeon Port efo Race horses a Sen Segur a Mr Huw

welechi yna :D
Llyrjj
Defnyddiwr
Defnyddiwr

Dychwelyd i Cerddoriaeth Gymraeg Gyfoes

Pwy sydd ar-lein

Defnyddwyr sy’n pori’r seiat hon: Dim defnyddwyr cofrestredig a 4 gwestai